Saturday, 1 October 2016

New Beginnings

It's all change with me again.

After three and a bit years as a PhD student at King's College London, I handed in my thesis in December 2015, and spent large parts of 2016 travelling - Ecuador, Peru, Colombia (for a day), Venezuela, California and New York. Somewhere in the middle of all that I passed my viva and became Dr Katie.

I fully intended to blog about all of those experiences, but instead I went straight into helping to run a week of performances showcasing Out of the Wings work translating and directing plays from Spain and Latin America, and from there a month at King's Summer Schools, working with a wonderful group of Chinese students here to learn about Western politics and society. In that month, I went from the depths of despair following a flurry of rejections with no feedback to utter delight that the University of Bristol hired me as a Teaching Fellow in Hispanic Studies.

So now with an exciting (if slightly terrifying) new job in a vibrant new city, I've made an academic new year's resolution to blog properly again. I hope blogging will be a way to spark conversations about what I'm doing and learning, so if you're ever reading, please let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention a vacation in San Juan De Los Terreros? Hmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete